Wondering how to make your holiday let stand out from the crowd & attract more bookings?
Our top 5 tips will go a long way to ensuring your guests have a great stay and will help to generate positive reviews.
An Updated Welcome Book
Your welcome book should be updated regularly to include any relevant information that will help guests feel comfortable and relaxed in your property.
- A warm welcome – start with introducing yourself! Why not write a personal greeting, let guests know a little about you and your property; if your property has an interesting history, let them know, this will help make the welcome book more personal.
- Essential information such as the WiFi password, how to work the heating, how to work the TV/DVD player and any other information that will help your guests settle in and feel at home.
- Information on the area – what can your guests do and see locally? Where is a great nearby place to eat? Keep your welcome book updated with the latest restaurants and attractions.
- Contact details for any local emergency services.
Home Away From Home
We really do mean it when we say the little things matter! Provide more than enough of the things guests usually don’t bring with them. From kitchen utensils to hair dryers, here is our little list of must-haves:
- Tea, coffee, sugar and milk
- Hand soap
- Washing up liquid and sponge scourer
- Antibacterial Spray
- Iron & ironing board
- Full length mirror
- Coat hangers
Investing in a good, reliable housekeeping team will ensure your holiday home is always in the best possible condition. Guests expect to arrive to a clean, fresh house with all the appliances in good, working condition. From the little things to the big things, here are our tips on how to keep your holiday home in good shape.
- Replace items such as kitchen utensils and bath towels yearly.
- Keep bath towels fluffy and linen fresh.
- Provide and update soft furnishings.
- Alongside weekly changeovers, a seasonal deep clean is highly recommended.
- Regularly check for any wear, tear, problems and damaged appliances in the home; fix and replace where necessary.
- Take notice of any customer complaints. Do you see the same complaint more than once? If so, we highly recommend you consider addressing the issue.
Here are our tips on how to achieve a family friendly appeal:
- Provide a games console and television in either a bedroom or lounge. It doesn’t have to be the latest model, you can easily pick up good quality used games online too.
- Provide the things that take up the most room in a car. Parents of babies and toddlers will appreciate a cot plus bedding, high chair and stair gates being available in a property for them to use.
- A selection of DVD’s to watch or even use of a Netflix account if space is at a premium.
- Rainy day entertainment; Some classic board games such as Monopoly, Cluedo & Scrabble along with some playing cards, chess board and even a Jenga set.
- Recommend local family-friendly attractions such as soft play centres or parks and family friendly pubs in your welcome pack.
- Have a welcome pack for children such as colouring books, pencils and treats.
Create a good first impression by making sure the bedrooms are a cosy, inviting space, the perfect place to relax after a busy day and no price can be put on the value of a goodnight’s sleep:
- Invest in a good quality mattress.
- A mattress protectors and pillow protectors are a must!
- Dress the beds with good quality bed linen, cushions & a throw
- Replace linen as soon as they show signs of wear and tear.
- Feature some blackout curtains or blinds in the bedrooms.
- Remember that storage and hanging space is essential.
- Choose styles and colours that go with the house’s décor and style.