10 Cleaning Hacks
Below are some great cleaning hacks to help make your holiday home clean and ready for the next guests, saving you time and money…most of these cleaning hacks can be done using household essentials.
- Is your sink draining slowly? You may have all that you need in the kitchen to help get things draining faster…pour 1/2 a cup of bicarbonate of soda down the drain, followed by 1/2 a cup of vinegar, cover with a damp cloth while the magic happens and rinse down with hot water after 5 minutes.
- Clean and refresh your microwave with a lemon; the lemon is a natural degreaser and odour neutraliser. Halve and squeeze a lemon into a small bowl of water and cook in the microwave on the highest setting for 3 minutes, then leave for 5 minutes. Remove the bowl from microwave and wipe down the sides etc with kitchen roll.
- Toothpaste can be used to remove stubborn tea & coffee rings from mugs.
- Deodorise mattresses by sprinkling them with bicarbonate of soda, leave for 6-8 hours and vacuum off.
- Descale the shower head by putting it in a bag of white vinegar (tie with an elastic band) for 3 hours and scrub with an old toothbrush.
- If your holiday home is pet friendly, sprinkle bicarbonate of soda onto carpeted areas prior to vacuuming, this will help to take away any noticeable doggy smells ready for your next guests.
- Chopping boards can show wear and tear quickly, but giving them a new lease of life is easy. Sprinkle with course sea salt and rub with half a lemon.
- Granny was right…freshen up wardrobes and chest of drawers with organza bags filled with Lavender.
- Crayon marks on walls or furniture from younger guests can be tackled with white bicarbonate of soda toothpaste & an old clean toothbrush, simply brush over the marks, scrub gently and wipe off with a clean cloth.
- Microfibre cloths can be used for cleaning the bathroom, kitchen and make great dusters.